Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trying the demo

So I tried the demo over the weekend, also a little last night, and I found it a positive experience. I really enjoyed most of the new GUI and how easy it now is to get information fast.
I started a game with Manchester City just to try it out, and I wanted to know what it feels like to be able to buy anyone you want ;)

So I was really just fooling around to get used to the new system. With new graphics, menus, and new ways to interact with your players and staff, I want to be ready for the real deal.
I really like the new menus, they've made it easier to find what you are looking for and added a few short-cuts. I love the short-cut to the Transfers-screen, I've always wanted that.

I was a little uncertain about the new tones when you are talking to your players, before and during matches as well as those little private chats. One of the biggest problem I had in FM11 was that I always managed to make my players angry as soon as they wanted a private conversation with me. I was worried that now with even more conversation options I would find even more ways to make my players angry at me.
I let my assistant take care of the first few teamtalks so that I could get a hang of it, all those options made me confused, but I guess once you get to know how to use them, it'll be a fun new function. Even the private conversations went better than expected.
But really, you should read this article from FM Manual, cause it's spot on!

So how about my Manchester City?
Well I tried to buy Maicon, but even with a lot of money and Tevez in the deal, they wouldn't sell him to me. I ended up buying Marcell Jansen from HSV and Keisuke Honda from CSKA Moscow instead. ManC obviously doesn't need any more midfielders, but I wanted a someone good on the left and I like Honda as a player.Still just trying out a few things, I made a silly 4-5-1 Christmas-tree looking formation. I played a few friendlies, with the most interesting match against Dortmund that ended 1-1.
First competitive match was the Community Shield against Manchester United. A great strike from Aguero after just 2 minutes gave us the lead and everything felt great. Sadly, it only lasted a while. A lack of communication between Kompany and Hart left the ball free for Rooney to take just outside our own area. A simple touch and it was all level after 15 minutes. United had most of the ball for the rest of the half, both teams hit the post twice, but the half ended all square. United continued their domination in the second half and it was just a matter of time before Nani made it 2-1 for United. A corner in the 63rd minute saw the ball being ping-ponged in the area before it found its way to Nani who knew what to do.
We tried to get back but United defended well. Aguero and Silva had great chances to make it level again but De Gea made two super saves to keep his side on top. The match ended with defeat 2-1 with de Gea as Man of the Match.
The match had two bad news for both teams. My new signing Jansen, and United's Rooney both got injured and would miss the following week's international matches. Just for you information, Bent was called in instead of Rooney.
Sorry, but I don't have any screen shots from the season as I'm only trying and fooling around a little. When I start the real game, there'll be a lot more to talk about and show you in screen shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment