Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The blog, the game and the rules

Hi there, and welcome to my Football Manager blog.
I've decided to write about how my progress as a manager goes. I will start a new game as soon as Football Manager 2012 is released on October 21st. I do this for my own amusement as I think it'll be fun and interesting, and I hope that you might find it fun and interesting too!
I will try to play and write as much as I can, but I have work and something called life to take care of as well. We'll see how often I'll update.
Don't forget that you can follow my progress on Twitter @RaidFM . My own as well as the game's updates will be there.

How I'll play the game and the rules
I will try to make a career as a manager would in real life. I will start in the lowest league available in Sweden, my home country, and try to make my way up to bigger teams and bigger leagues. The goal is to one day manage a big world famous team and take them to Champions League glory. I will of course take the team I manage as far as I can before I change team, but there's always a chance that I might fall in love with the team and remain there throughout the game.
So, I'll start in Sweden's division 2, the 4th highest tier of Swedish football. There are 6 regional groups with 12 teams each. I will let the game choose a random team for me from one of these divisions, my manager setting will be "Sunday League Footballer".
Though it's similar to the Dafuge Challange, I will not play by its rules. I like the idea, but I will play my own style.
I will not cheat. No reloads, not scouting software, no editing or similar. I might take help with the training settings as it is my weak side. I will, however, try first.

The leagues
There's a new feature in FM12 where you can add and remove leagues during play. (See this link about this new feature) I made a map of which leagues I will make playable or viewable depending on which league I'm currently playing in. See the map here: http://i.imgur.com/G9vg4.png Sorry for the bad quality.

I hope to have my first update during the first weekend after the release. I hope you'll drop by and have a look at my progress.
Until then, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment